Sally will demonstrate and teach the different process of summer-grafting for evergreens such as citrus, avocados, etc. We will also cover summertime budding of stonefruit trees. This hands on practical workshop is on next Thurs Nov 24th at Glenelg North Community Garden.
RING SALLY BEFORE THURDAY, 0438 512 389 or email: email@example.com to say what you are interested in.
STONEFRUIT BUDDING & SUB-TROPICAL & CITRUS TREE GRAFTING WORKSHOP
Demonstration & hands-on tutoring
Thursday, November 24th, 2016, 10am – 12noon (max)
Glenelg Community Garden, Kibby Reserve, cnr Alison & Kibby Aves, Glenelg Nth
Presenter: Sally Osterstock
What to bring:
- notebook & pencil, or i-pad etc
- grafting knife if you have one, or a very sharp pocket-knife, Stanley knife, etc, with a retractable blade for safety.
- BYO nibbles & drink bottle if required
- Hat, sunscreen
- A few freshly cut evergreen twigs if possible for practising on
- OPTIONAL: your own potted fruit tree on which to graft & possibly some scions if you have them. Scions need to be freshly cut stems, up to pencil thickness, 10-15cm long sealed in plastic bags & kept cool.
- sign in
- meet & greet
- grafting rationale & explanation
- demonstration using fresh prunings
- grafting and budding demonstrations on living fruit-trees
- hands-on practice using prunings (limited number supplied)
Sally will supply:
- illustrated notes
- grafting tape
- supervision & advice as you experiment
- a limited number of potted seedling avocado trees to purchase & graft if desired (from $10ea)
- a limited number & range of scion (grafting) wood for your seedling trees if desired
Cost: $20 payable on the day (Glenelg Nth Community Garden Members half price)
Part proceeds go to Cornerstone High Schools in Uganda
NB This is an AO workshop so please arrange child-minding if you have small children as this activity involves using very sharp tools within easy reach & we do not have creche facilities.